Dr. Arnette’s Quick and Healthful Veggie Soup
1 yellow onion, chopped
3-5 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 Tbls Olive Oil
Small shake of seasalt
Small fresh ground black pepper
2 boxes (8 cups) broth
2-3 Tbls white miso paste
2 cups organic broccoli florettes
2 cups organic cauliflower florettes
Asparagus, organic, tips only
Yellow crook neck squash, organic, sliced
Zucchini, organic, sliced
Carrots, organic, sliced
- Bring a 4 qt or larger soup pot to heat over medium high setting. Add oil, heat 2 minutes, add garlic to begin browning 30 seconds, add onion and stir to coat with oil. Reduce heat to medium and sauté to desired doneness (5minutes = translucent, 10 minutes = caramelized).
- Mix together in a separate small bowl 1 cup broth and the miso paste until well incorporated.
- Add broth with miso, carrots and cauliflower to the large soup pot, bring to boil and reduce to simmer 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, squash, and asparagus. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add broccoli. Cook for 5 minutes till entire soup is cooked.
- Add any “Optional” items as desired.
- Serve in generous-sized soup bowls.
Turkey or beef meatballs, cooked
Ground Turkey, seasoned, cooked
Tofu, extra firm, cubed into bite-sized pieces
1-2 tbls extra-virgin Olive Oil or Flax oil per bowl as served
Fresh chopped herbs as desired (such as dill, cilantro or parsley)